Sunday, March 17, 2013

Let the fun begin!

So I would have to say that yesterday marked the official start of the new "adventure" season for me.  I joined up with a cycling group at Noble Sports for my first cycling run of the year.  The weather was beautiful and I was pretty excited to be back in the saddle, so to speak.  The plan was to ride from the store to Lincoln Beach and back, a round trip of (supposedly) 25 miles.  I figured for a first ride it would be manageable.  The ride in and of itself was pretty uneventful.  It did feel great to be out riding again.  About half way to Lincoln Beach, I realized what exactly it meant to not ride for six months.  I was disappointed in myself a bit as I watched my speed steadily drop from about 18 mph to an average of 15.  That may not seem like a lot, but to a cyclist, it is.

I finished the ride in just over two hours, including a couple of resting periods.  My body reacted much in the way I should have predicted.  PAIN...EVERYWHERE!  I will say that it is a good pain, telling me that I pushed myself past my comfort zone.

Now I will be more motivated to get out and ride more in the coming weeks, especially with the upcoming Moab trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment